Saturday, September 13, 2014

I'm Alive









So, I just realized yesterday that it's officially been a month since I got back from Tampa. It's also been almost a month since I've posted on Stellar Piece. It's a travesty, I know. I feel like I'm one of those horrible parents who leaves their kids in the car on accident because they're too busy worrying about other things. Yes, I did just compare my blog to a human child, but whatever.

I have been so busy lately. I've never been happier. The first week that I came back to Brooklyn was kind of the worst week of my life. Although I was excited about the thought of being here, I knew that I had to find one of those things called a J-O-B before I would let myself get too comfortable. But everything feels like it's falling into place.

Right now I'm currently working with CollegeFashionista HQ, Bib + Tuck & a marketing company called Liz Theresa. If everything goes as planned, CollegeFashionista will become my full-time gig & you have no idea how happy that makes me. It's just where I want to be everyday.

Now that I have a little bit more stability & a structured schedule going on, I've been trying to spend my free time wisely. I had a pretty fun day yesterday with my godmother, Auntie Anne. She took me to brunch at the coolest little place called Edi and the Wolf in East Village. Brunching is taken very seriously here in New York, so I went all out & had a the wild mushroom frittata. I ate a frittata, guys. Who am I? Then we had a little photo shoot, hung out while it rained, watched Charlie's Angels + went for dinner & drinks at Blaue Gans.


Speaking of Auntie Anne, she is pretty much the coolest. She designs her own clothes with fabric that she picks out from India & sells them in her store, Anne Kothari. If I'm lucky, sometimes she lets me test out some of her lovely pieces. So, I decided put my own twist on her Lineage pants + Girl Next Door skirt

I loved styling these because they aren't pieces that I typically go for, so it was fun to get out of my comfort zone a little bit. Her clothes are all super well made, fit beautifully & have the greatest prints. I love the '50s vibe of the Girl Next Door skirt + I kind of want to live in the Lineage pants because they are softer than an actual pile of kittens.

Check out Anne Kothari, buy her super cool printed pieces + make sure to enter STELLAR PIECE at checkout for 25% off your entire purchase.

Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment